Creating a Personal Identification Number (PIN) can save you time, and provide added security when it comes to protecting your personal information. You can now create a PIN for the individual income tax and benefits enquiries lines. Your PIN will quickly confirm your identity when you call the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) while keeping your account safe.
How to create a PIN
- Log into My Account by visiting https://hmca.co/craloginpersonal and logging in by clicking CRA Login under the heading “Option 2 – Using a CRA user ID and password“.
- Once you’re logged in to My Account, go to Personal Profile
- Then click on Security options – Personal Identification Number
- Create a PIN (6 digits).
- By phone: You can create a PIN by calling 1-800-959-8281. See Intructions
What would you like to do next?
- Register with CRA
- Change my personal address with CRA
- Change my business address with CRA
- Make a personal tax payment