If no employment wages were paid during the period, you can use the following instructions to report a nil remittance:
- online See Instructions
- Visit CRA’s My Business page and click CRA Login under the heading “Option 2 – Using a CRA user ID and password”.
- Log in using your User ID and password.
- Under the heading “Payroll“, click Provide a nil remittance.
- Then enter the first and last date of the reporting period.
- Confirm the dates on the next page and click Submit.
- Save the confirmation number for your records.
If the employment wages were paid during the period, then you must remit the source deductions by the due date. You can do so by following these instructions. For regular updates, please follow us on social media platforms.