Instructions to register for a CRA account are as follows:
- Visit https://hmca.co/craloginpersonal
- Click “CRA Register” under Option 2
- Enter your Social Insurance Number and click Next.
- Enter your Postal code, Date of Birth, an amount from one of your previous income tax and benefit returns, and click Next.
- Create a user ID and password.
- Create your security questions & answers.
- The CRA will then send you your “Security code” by mail. Alternatively, you can call CRA at 1 (800) 959-8281 to confirm your identity and have them email you the code instead.
- Then enter the security code to complete the sign-up process.
Please be advised that you may not be able to create an account if you have never filed a tax return before.
What would you like to do next?
- Create a PIN with CRA
- Change my personal address with CRA
- Change my business address with CRA
- Make a personal tax payment